Saturday, August 27, 2005

another buzz saw--green and cream




This buzz saw started with 6 1/2 inch blocks, cut 1 1/2 inches into strips. I used mainly dark greens and creams. The borders are a bunch of greens, cut 6 inches wide.
I like to do a scrap border with close in color fabrics.
Oh, the camera charger--it was found at my sister's house, about 4 hours after I bought one for $43.00 and used it. We have this problem in our house. Can't find anything until we replace it, then there it is.

2 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I love the green! Don't you find that when you teach, you end up with more quilts out of those patterns because of the demos you do while working along with the students? :c)

Bonnie

Lynn Dykstra said...

I am a bit obsessive about making classroom samples--I want to show students there are many ways to tweek a pattern, and I don't want them to make exactly what I have made.
I try to give class samples as gifts to my children so the quilts are available when I teach it again! Very self-serving...