Sunday, December 03, 2006

photos again!



I finally broke down and bought a new camera/computer cord. This means I will find the lost cord this week, as usually happens in this house (see battery charger incident last year).
This Saturday some women of my church decorated our tree in the chapel. I made the tree skirt, one year later than I was asked, but I finally got it done. It is a church with a German history, so I planned to use a loden boiled wool, until I priced it. I switched to a loden fake suede with a gold embroidery. I made it into an octagon, added an ivory corded trim, and am pleased with it, except it seems a bit flat, even when draped--my mind still wants that boiled wool thickness. Maybe I can poof it up with some tissue paper.
This tree is decorated with fruit and pine cones. Very pretty. I made the parament in the background for Advent about 10 years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty photos! Your tree skirt looks great.

Anonymous said...

Ha! You tricked me - at first I thought wow great stained glass feature window in your home!! Then I realised it was your church. Lovely tree skirt. On the cards for next year for me :)