Sunday, January 14, 2007

her mother's footsteps






Eve decided, like her mother, to make many of her Christmas gifts. Also like her mother, it is the middle of January and there are several still not finished.
I am very proud of her chosen project, to make 12 tote bags for her friends. She looked at her purchased bags, looked online for patterns, came to me for technical support, and designed her own pattern. She raided my collection of solids and purchased cotton webbing for the handles. I love how she is embellishing them with buttons from my button collection. I also am amused that she considers these nearly free gifts, since she only had to pay for the webbing. Apparently my fabrics and buttons and needles fell like manna.

9 comments:

Diana said...

What a clever daughter you have. The bags look great.

Helen said...

Well manna from mama sounds good to me! What a beautiful daughter you have and what a thrill to have her interested in sewing.

Melanie said...

We have to teach these young ones in order to keep the sewing tradition with us. Great bags--- I can't wait to show my daughter.

Angie said...

Your daughter's bags are wonderful! And what wasn't free about them but the webbing????? After all, Mom, you had probably had the 'stuff' for EVER in your stash, right??? ROFL Tell her she's doing an excellent job, and I bet her friends will be thrilled with the bags!

Rae said...

I read your blog as often as I find time. Ye I think this is the 1st time I have stopped to comment.

First I want to say.... From experiance on the other side (receiving side)I can tell you how appreciated & invaluble hospice nursas are. Thank you on behalf of all those who you have cared for.

I am interested in what your liturgical Quilting is. Also, what is a liturgical quilting committee? For me, liturgical quilting is mostly liturgical stoles I make for our minister & my Sister (Also a minister.

Last I want to tell you how inviting your flower garden quilt is.

Malagueta said...

I love the buttons on the straps. What a novel idea!

Anonymous said...

Great bags and I like the button embellishments. Laughed at the fabrics being manna comment!

Laura said...

Wonderful bags! She did such a great job. Love all the fun and bright colors.

Finn said...

Hi Lynn, hope this finds you and your eyes doing well..*VBS* The bags are just as gorgeous as the maker...what a talented child! You must be sooo proud of her budding talents with your needles, thread, fabric, etc...LOL
I suspect all of us mom's of daughters get 'hit' like that..*VBS* Hugs, Finn