Monday, June 16, 2008

home from university





I don't think I've ever shown these quilts, the first made in 1996--pattern is from an old book on stars, this one was set into Burgoyne Surrounded blocks. I've made Christmas quilts for the family, choosing fabrics that don't scream "Christmas". My sister was selling her house several years ago during the season and used a bunch of my quilts on the beds for the open house. It took her a while to give them back to me.
The second quilt was a shop hop mystery I made in 2002.
Both quilts are just back from university--Paul is finished being a first year and the contents of his dorm room fill our living room. And the car is gone.

4 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

I love the second one - the colours and the pattern :) How nice to see your quilts again!

Carol E. said...

I love the first one! Gorgeous!

Sheila said...

I love them both. Very pretty with unique patterns to me.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh. I love these. I want to make them:)

That car comment...? Hysterical!

Sharon