Thursday, September 04, 2008

rolling start/remembering less irritating kids


The rolling start of the school year is in full steam. Andy teaches year round. I started mid August, my grad-student nephew who lives here was next, then Seth in 5th grade, this week Eve a Junior, and, lazing at home for another two weeks until the university gets its act together to start O week, Paul. His ability to mosey around is all the more striking with 5 people busy leaving the house between 0530-0700. A lesser mother might become resentful. OK, this mother has become resentful.
Here is one of my favorite pictures of them, about 5 years ago, back when they didn't irritate me so much. I had given it to my father-in-law and I just found it going through a pile of his possessions.

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

I always wished there was a way to put the kids 'somewhere' out of sight when they reached 3rd or 4th grade, but ya know, by then, your neighbors have seen them! LOL

Good luck, stay strong.