Sunday, July 15, 2012

bowties!



672 of them!
Set 24 by 28. Pieced into blocks of 4, then blocks of 16, then blocks of 64 with a row of partial blocks.
Quilt size determined by how much of the cheddar fabric I had--there was enough left for about 8 more.
Fabrics from my scraps, about 50 from my mother's, and a few from friends.
There are a few repeats, maybe 5.

Bowtie blocks measure 3 inches finished, made from 2 inch squares and 1 1/4 inch squares used as a flip and sew for the connectors.
Inspired by a post and challenge a year ago by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.

Now, contemplating borders.
And, enjoying these glorious gladioli from Andy.

4 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

LOVE IT! I'm still working on mine and thinking of a way to set them, but like you, I like the original way best! Not even sure if I will border!

regan said...

Fabulous! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bow ties! I'm in awe.

Sweet bouquet from Andy, too.

Sharon

Finn said...

It turned out really well Lynn! I love that you used scraps with memories attached...that makes it sooo much more special to your family in years to come. Great job in getting it done in the year since Sisters! Hugs, Finn