Saturday, May 30, 2015

a quilt is on its way

This doll quilt is on its way to Jill in Pennsylvania as part of Lori's doll quilt exchange on Humble Quilts.
It includes several pieces from the Smithsonian's Rising Sun collection of the 1990s that I found in my neighbor's stash when we took apart her sewing room.

It was fun to make an improvised medallion style with scraps. Definitely in my style of scrap quilting. I machine quilted it simply with squiggle lines, using a fun large paisley for the back.




6 comments:

Ruth said...

What a sweet quilt! I didn't participate this time because of travel, but have done it in the past. Such fun!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a beautiful quilt. I am sure she will really like it.

Jill said...

My quilt arrived today and I absolutely love it! Thanks so much!

Karen said...

I used to have some of the Rising Sun fabrics. Nice choice for the doll quilt.

Lori said...

Very sweet!

Frances Meredith said...

Great to see some 'old' 90s fabrics in there. Lovely little quilt.