Temecula Quilt Company sew-a-long Circa 2016.
All blocks done.
All rows sewn.
Lots more work left to do.
Center blocks finish 2 1/2 inches. Others finish 3 inches. She gave instructions to make two of most blocks. I made four so I would have the option of making a bigger quilt and knew I wouldn't want to make a mass of them at the end. I only had to make 11 more to come to this size.
Hers was set on point and was adorable. With the extra blocks I didn't want to think that much and mathematically a straight set worked with the center medallion, so I went with that.
The setting squares are a bit of serendipity.
The fabric is from my late neighbor Lorraine's stash. It is a civil war era reprint and I believe it is a mis-strike as the color is off a bit. Little rosebuds on a blue ground. I cut the piece into 3 1/2 inch squares thinking I would substitute in another fabric for where I didn't have enough. I had just enough for the exact number of squares needed. If I had squared up a strip 1/8 inch more it would not have worked.
There are several favorite blocks. Here are a couple.