Thursday, March 02, 2017

may you live in interesting times..., top completed

"may you live in interesting times..."
Yes we do.

The top is done. I had this great purple to use to set it on point. On-point settings are all a bit difficult as I don't have enough room on my design wall so I lay it out on the floor of the living room. Because I sew in the attic, this is two flights up and down and pieces get out of order very quickly.

These blocks are based on the Tula Pink Summer Days.
Blocks finish 6 inches.
200 blocks.

I over-cut the setting triangles from squares cut 10 inches then cut diagonally into quarters. The corners are over-cut from 6 1/2 inch squares cut diagonally once.

The block is designed by Tula Pink.
The set is mine--use at your pleasure.

After 30 years in our wonderful house on our terrific block with our beloved neighbors, we are packing up with plans to move this summer to a one-level condominium downtown.
I do not anticipate a great number of on-point quilts in my future, but those that come will not involve running up and down two flights of stairs.

3 comments:

Quilting moesje said...

Wat a specialy quilt:0))
The (deep/full) colors and stil lovely too !

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Another great quilt top in the series! The purple looks great with all of the other colors. I love blocks on point and one year did several that way. I was burnt out with that setting for awhile but am ready to do one again now. They just take longer to sew together.

You may have to get a treadmill to make up for the loss of 2 flights of stairs between design and sewing areas. Or maybe you will do more walking outside when downtown.

ES said...

I can muddle my blocks up even when I'm only moving them 2 inches let alone two stories!! It happens when I'm tired! I really like these fat crosses :)